As a company, our number one requirement is bright people with a passion and enthusiasm for what they do. This is the foundation of our business.
If you share our passion, and have the personal abilities to maintain professional relationships with clients and to communicate technical and complex problems, we would love to hear from you. You should also be keen to learn new skills and must be able to grasp our clients' business objectives.
What's on offer?
Working with us, you will have the chance to develop the skills and business expertise to progress in your career, whether the technical skills to work in demanding environments or the personal skills to be a good leader.
We place strong emphasis on learning and development and encourage all our employees to take advantage of internal learning opportunities and attend a range of external training courses.
We offer a competitive base salary and a range of benefits, including flexi-hours, 25 days holiday, pension (5%), medical cover and life assurance.
We have opportunities to join our development teams at a graduate level, contributing to the continued success of our technical solutions and products. There will be opportunities to work at all stages of the development cycle including design, implementation and testing as well as providing feedback to evolve our development processes.
All developers are encouraged to become Microsoft certified and ample training will be provided.
Graduate developers are required to have achieved (or be expected to achieve) a strong university degree (2:1 or above) in computer science or related field and in addition, a 'A' grade at Maths or Computing Science is highly desirable. Some commercial experience is preferable but not necessary as is familiarity with an agile development methodology. Concentra will provide you with the skills you require to progress in your career, whether that is the technical skills required to work in some of the most demanding environments, the personal skills needed to lead or extensive business knowledge.
Concentra are offering a competitive base salary starting from £26k per year in addition to other benefits, which include 25 days holiday, cycle to work scheme, childcare voucher scheme, employee referral scheme and access to stakeholder pension. In addition, we place strong emphasis on learning and development and all employees are encouraged to attend a range of internal/ external training courses and learning opportunities we provide, each aimed at maximising potential and developing careers.
All candidates for all roles must be eligible to work in Britain and be fluent in written and spoken English, at a business level.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunities employer.
We have opportunities to join our Consulting team at a graduate level, providing consultancy services for our internal and external projects. These projects can vary a great deal, both in size and industry, across the public and private sector.
Overview of the role
Consulting Analysts play a key role in the delivery of Concentra's consulting and analytical services across a number of industries - including consumer, healthcare, and pharmaceuticals. They work as part of a team headed by an experienced senior consultant. Their role will generally involve gathering and analysing data related to particular business problems or challenges, contributing to the development of client deliverables and helping to implement solutions.
Our work covers areas such as market access, organisation design, pricing, procurement, logistics, and supply chain management. Examples of recent work undertaken by Consulting Analysts include:
- Forecasting and demand management. Supported the development of management dashboards for a global consumer goods company. The dashboards provided diagnostic and planning information to help drive supply chain improvements across a network of factories serving 200 markets. The solution enabled markets to improve service levels and identify significant reductions in working capital.
- Stratification modelling.Supported the development of a London-wide patient risk management tool for the National Health Service. The tool has helped general practitioners and clinicians intervene and case manage 1000's of high risk patients with chronic illnesses by leveraging predictive models which help identify the patients with the highest risk of readmission and other high cost behaviours.
- Supply chain impact modelling.Supported the development of an economic model to measure the financial and operational impacts of new product launches on the supply chain of a global medical device manufacturer. The analysis improved the client's understanding of complexity cost drivers across the entire supply chain and formed the basis for business case development to evaluate new products prior to launch.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Consulting Analysts may support project delivery in the following manner:
- Collect and document information about industries and clients
- Gather data from various sources and structure datasets for analyses
- Perform analyses to help generate insights
- Support team in developing options for appraisal
- Document project findings and make recommendations
- Support team with solution implementation
Characteristics and capabilities
Candidates are expected to demonstrate the following characteristics and capabilities:
Education and experience
- Minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Management and Finance) from a top tier university; postgraduate qualifications are desirable but not essential
- 1 - 3 years professional experience in consulting, analytical modelling, or project management within a commercial environment would also be desirable
- Analytical capability and data literacy
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications and business intelligence tools in an analytical environment
- Structured approach to problem solving
- Commercial acumen
- Teamwork and engagement
- Organisation and planning
- Strong communication skills
- Personal impact
- Adaptability of skill-set