We are a fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial spirit, offering competitive compensation, great benefits and an environment of highly-engaging professional development.
Our strong track record of achievement comes from the dedication, skill and teamwork of our people. We are smart, results driven, and quality focused with a 'can do' attitude.
We believe in the importance of investing in people and take pride in providing challenging and rewarding career paths. Whether experienced or just starting out, we will give you the support, autonomy and resources you need to progress your career and make a difference.
If you share our values and believe you have the skills and attitude to be part of our winning team, please contact email@example.com.
Data Visualisation Developer Intern
The successful candidate will be joining a small, talented and highly motivated team with great career progression potential either into the core development group or a direct client facing role within the HR Analytics Consulting Team.
- Degree in quantitative / numeric discipline (2:1 or above) e.g. Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Economics (with focus on Econometrics)
- Data Analytics - Essential
- Knowledge of D3.js
- Analytical capability and data literacy
- Ability to learning quickly and with a desire to learn
- A flair for visual design
- Entrepreneurial and self-starting
- Team work and engagement
- Robust communication skills and confidence in client facing situations
Experience within a design, data analytics and/or development environment would be highly desirable but not essential.
Senior Quality Engineer
To ensure that the products delivered to our clients are of the highest quality. Working with a project team, to design and implement the best test strategy.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work closely with project managers, solution designers, developers and our clients to understand the technical solution, business requirements and project deliverables
- Design and implement test strategies best suited to the product in accordance with the Concentra Test Policy
- Provide estimates and planning of all testing tasks and activities
- Design and execution of test scripts, monitoring and reporting testing progress to project team and Head of Quality Software
- Detect, investigate and raise defects. Defect tracking and reporting
- Co-ordinate and support our clients during User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Release management (a) Working with the development team, to schedule releases from the development environment into the Quality environment (b) Working with the project manager and client to schedule releases to UAT environments, ensuring that Acceptance Criteria has been met (c) Write a Release Note for the client on each release to UAT
- Escalation of risks and issues to project managers and the Head of Software Quality
- Work closely with the project team to continually improve upon quality and testing processes, by helping to identify improvements, propose and implement solutions
- Actively contribute to Quality Team meetings and company wide Quality Initiatives
- Detailed knowledge of manual testing within different types of testing: functional testing, regression testing, exploratory testing, browser testing, integration testing, and user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Detailed understanding of Automation Testing and best practice
- Able to demonstrate a basic understanding of Load & Performance Testing and Web Accessibility Testing
- Awareness of Security and Penetration Testing
- ISEB qualified or a university-level degree (2:1 or above), preferably in a software related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write basic SQL queries in order to interrogate relational databases for the purpose of root cause analysis for defect resolution
- Competent in the use of MS Office; especially MS Word and MS Excel
- Excellent understanding of common technologies: internet, browsers, databases etc.
- Able to understand new technologies quickly
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- Organised and with high attention to detail
- Ability to build and develop credibility and strong working relationships
- Proven ability to think strategically and to be proactive
- Ability to provide leadership and mentor others on test activities
- A confident, respectful and effective communicator who is able to represent the Quality Team at internal meetings or represent Concentra at client meetings
- Extensive software QA experience and success in a similar role
- Experienced in executing test strategies in an Agile environment
- Extensive experience in writing manual test scripts and test cases
- Extensive experience in writing defect descriptions and replication actions and defect tracking & reporting processes
- Experience of testing Web Applications/SharePoint Applications/Windows Software Applications / ETL Data Warehouse systems
Business Intelligence Consultant/Developer
Projects are team-based and highly collaborative, and the solutions being developed for their clients are driving tremendous value—and as a BI Developer, you will get to share in that excitement.
Projects can last anything from 1 to 6 months +, so you must have a pragmatic and professional approach to delivering BI projects within often challenging timescales. Working in a major growth area within the company, you will have the opportunity to gain experience and responsibilities which will grow with the team.
As a BI Developer/Business Intelligence Developer you will be
responsible for playing a key role in data-driven and analytical
business intelligence projects. Your role will involve performing
data modeling for complex projects; designing and building data
warehouses; and designing and building ETL solutions to extract,
clean, conform, and deliver data to the warehouse. Often working on
client sites, you will be exposed to all areas of the Business
Intelligence life-cycle and be comfortable interacting with clients
in a technical capacity.
Working with teams of 2-8 people whilst using an Agile development methodology, your duties will include:
- performing data modeling for custom solutions projects
- designing and developing data warehouses and ETL solutions
- designing and developing data mining solutions
- designing and developing business intelligence applications and objects
To succeed in this position you must be a Microsoft BI Consultant with at least 2-3 years hands-on experience in delivering successful business intelligence projects, preferably working on client sites. You must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision as well as being a strong team player. You must also have experience with the following:
- Data Warehouse theory (Kimball methodology strongly preferred)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Database engine
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services